Tee It Up for the Troops’ mission is to honor, remember, respect and support all those who serve(d) in the armed forces for this great nation.
Tee It Up for the Troops has donated over $7,000,000 to more than 300 veterans support organizations that support all those who serve(d) in the armed forces for this great nation.
In addition, Tee It Up for the Troops has helped accomplish the following:
- Assisted more than 27,000 military families, saving more than $44 million in lodging costs, plus food and transportation.
- Provided more than 10,000 of the most severely wounded with year-round programs in more than 50 different sports nationwide, free of charge.
- Reunited over 230 wounded veterans, who were separated due to battlefield injuries, change in rehabilitation, or other reasons beyond their control.
- Helped two military families to launch their own business, and hire other veterans and family members, through our Operation Heartfirst initiative with Anytime Fitness.
Tee It Up for the Troops believes in engaging and inspiring communities across the United States to do great things on behalf of the military men and women who have served and sacrificed so much for our freedoms. Tee It Up for the Troops combines golf events with an inspirational ceremony, instilling a sense of pride, honor, respect and appreciation for all those who have served and given so greatly.
We “Honor, Respect, Remember and Support” military veterans and their families through charitable support powered by our leadership, coordination and execution of local golf tournaments. This effort enables us to serve as a national foundation that facilitates physical, psychological and emotional support with individuals and organizations, through grants of money, equipment, time and talent.
Our impact is unique and differentiated:
- We focus our fund raising efforts toward an immediate impact for veterans and their families at both the local and national level. 50% of funds raised stays in the community hosting the event.
- We offer an EMOTIONAL experience for those in attendance at our golf events — veterans, golfers, volunteers, sponsors and the general public.
- We target our efforts across the most pressing areas of need (physical, psychological and emotional) – with priority emphasis in supporting PTS research and treatment, suicide prevention, employment, rehabilitation, and athletics equipment and services.
Our approach is to facilitate and serve:
- We provide a “Tournament in a Box” event playbook and tournament coordination support to empower local chapters and volunteers.
- We are a grass roots organization that has a profound impact on not only individual veterans and their families, but on organizations that are helping those individuals.
- We are a national organization that generates awareness and support for our primary beneficiaries – Fisher House, Disabled Sports USA, and Hope for the Warriors.
- We are efficient in our governance – less than 14% of our proceeds goes to organizational overhead.
Tee It Up for the Troops was founded in 2005 when the family of a soldier serving in Iraq asked him what he needed. His response was “Forget about me, do something for the soldiers and their families back home”. Tee It Up for the Troops was established to honor that selfless request.
Since those humble beginnings, Tee It Up for the Troops has hosted over 360 fundraising events in more than 30 states across the USA.
These events have allowed us to donate over $7,000,000 to local veterans organizations that support our wounded warriors, as well as to national charities such as Fisher House Foundation, Warfighter Sports, a division of Disabled Sports USA, and Hope For The Warriors. Donations now exceed more than $1 million annually.
Our support of our American Heroes was never meant to end once they came home from War. We must never forget the service and sacrifice of these brave men and women. Help us honor them by hosting, sponsoring, participating, or volunteering at one of our special events across the country.
The needs of our American Heroes continue to far exceed the ability for us to meet them.
For an event near you, please view our Events Page.
Tee it up for the Troops (Federal Tax ID 20-2974507) is a 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt charity as defined in sections 509(a)(1) and 170(b)(1)(A)(v1) of the Internal Revenue Code.